- We are a Community Interest Company founded by 4 women of colour with over 27 years of experience in mental health and the health and social care sector.
- We are NHS Accredited PCI qualified Health and Wellbeing Coaches providing health and wellbeing coaching to individuals through 1 to 1 or group coaching sessions.
- We utilise a range of coaching models to support individuals through personalised, holistic coaching that enables them to find their own strengths and make changes to their lives.
- We support individuals who are struggling with low level mental health needs including low mood, anxiety, depression, stress, social isolation, financial and personal worries.
- We are a wellbeing and mental health Community Interest Company providing access to creative activities that support people to find ways to wellbeing and achieve overall positive mental health.
- We provide mentoring to young people aged 5 upwards.
- We provide coaching support to adults and young people in community settings across the West Midlands.
- Our delivery follows the methodology of Social Pedagogy. Which is about understanding that Wellbeing and Happiness is individual and through a holistic learning process in life we are able to support the individual to reach their own potential, empowering them to take ownership of their life through positive experiences.
- Anyone struggling with their mental health, those not seeking professional NHS interventions or not meeting the criteria for NHS interventions will be supported through coaching and gentle physical exercises such as gardening, being in nature, walking, creative arts, gentle body movement, breathing and mindfulness.
- Activities are the catalyst to get individuals to talk about their mental health and through regular contact we talk and demonstrate the positive benefits of activities to embed from an early age, behaviour that helps to reduce recurrence of mental health disorders.
- Our work supports individuals to modify their behaviour and equips individuals to strengthen coping mechanisms to support them further.
- Our Health and Wellbeing coaches enable individuals to adopt healthy behaviours, improve physical activity and individuals motivation to self manage and supports the preventative model of care.
- Our Health and Wellbeing coaches work to empower individuals to become more activated in their own care, increasing confidence to self manage health conditions, overcome barriers and move towards goals that matter to them.
I feel incredibly well supported by coach Nabila, who I feel truly cares about my health and wellbeing. She has allowed me to work at my own pace and I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. She has been patient and understanding and easy to open up to.
Social Pedagogy is about working with Head, Heart and Hands.
Head – Embracing knowledge and educating
Heart – Emotional and spiritual learning – reflection of one’s own practice, emotions and judgements
Hand – Practical and physical skills to guide individuals to help themselves and cooperate with others in making decisions